Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17, 2014- in Salina Cruz with Elder Rodriguez

"my area in Salina Cruz"
 
This week was another normal week, but a lot better cause I wasn’t walking around with a worm inside me. (when I get home I want to get some blood work down to see what’s been in my body for these two years) yes everythings going better with the stomach, still not exactly sure what I ate but everything’s better now. it’s probably a good idea to start preparing your guys stomachs, cause we are gonna eat a bunch of good food.

that’s cool about the temple, I can’t wait to get back and go thru both. I’m on a 7 month drought without having gone to the temple so I’m ready. Sounds like it’s gonna be an awesome game for QC!

 This week has also been pretty hot, I got pretty burned last Monday after playing soccer all day). Today we have a member that’s taking us to a buffet, so that’s probably gonna be the highlight of our pday. We are having a lot of success in our area, the biggest difficulty like always is getting people to the chapel. Our area is in the center of Salina, but it’s kind of the ghetto area(its funny cause there’s a list of neighborhoods that missionaries aren’t supposed to go into after 6 pm, but our WHOLE area is on the list haha). So everyone’s really poor and it’s hard for them to get to church sometimes on buses and taxis. We’ve decided that we are just gonna contact every house that has a car haha.

On the 12th of diciembre we are gonna have a big zone baptism day that we’ve been planning for a while. every companionship has been preparing people to get baptized that day so we can have a cool ceremony(maybe on the beach haha) but we got a couple of investigadorers that are hopefully ready for that day(we just got to get them to church!) so that’s what were gonna be working on this week!

 love you guys have a good week!

Elder Sawyer

 Questions:
1- what is your favorite lesson to teach?
I like teaching about the book of mormon

 2- what is your favorite scripture story? why?
 I like the story of the book of ether, it just amazes me every time how it ends..

 3- How many dogs have chased you on your mission? how many have caught you?
haha a lot of dogs have chased me, one got close but I punted it just about to Arizona.

4- what could you "absolutely not live without" in the mission field?
deoderant

 5- what is your favorite drink to drink on your mission, besides water? how often do you drink it?
powerade, maybe once a month its super expensive here

"someone lost their turtle"

No comments:

Post a Comment