Tuesday, June 10, 2014

June 10, 2014- Puerto Escondido


“Elder Gibby wanted to be a pioneer hero”

“the kind of things we find in our house...”

“we eat a ton of mangoes here. they are just everywhere”

“what we eat a lot here. they’re called chicatanas. they’re just big ants.
they don’t taste so good raw , but with chile and limon they’re not bad.
there’s a member that’s gonna make us rabbit a
nd I’m trying to find turtle and crocodile to eat.”

“when you guys see rain in the forecast here, this is what we see”

“The main beach in Puerto Escondido.  This is from on top of a bridge.”
 
Hey sorry that I didn’t write yesterday. Remember how I was telling you guys that I had to go to Oaxaca to get my visa renewed? Well that’s what I spent my p-day doing.  12 more hours on the bus.... so today I did all my visa stuff, and then  I’m gonna work a little with the assistants and then tomorrow morning I get to do the 12 hour trip all over again.  It’s good though to be in the city where it’s a little cooler and to get out of the rain for a little bit. It stinks this week cause I’m not gonna work in my area till Thursday and then Friday we have a big multi-zone conference in Huatulco (more bus rides) and there’s not gonna be a whole ton of work done that day. But it will all work out. I don’t have a ton of time this week, but I’m gonna try to get you some pictures right now. And I can’t take a picture with my phone- haha do you remember that first cell fone you got. ya i have the same model.
Love you guys have a good week!
Elder Sawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment