Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5, 2014- Oaxaca, Mexico


Hey como están! Yes so this week we get to skype! It seems like it was just a couple weeks ago that we were talking on Christmas! It’s really starting to go by really fast! Yesterday on lds.org the biography of our new misión president and his wife were put out. It’s weird to think that in less than two months president Leyva’s not gonna be here. It’s gonna be a really weird change. just having a gringo as a president is gonna be a monster change. but ya, so this week I was outside of my área pretty much the whole week with three divisions with district leaders and then a day with one of the assistents. that’s the thing that I really like and really don’t like about being lz (zone leader). I get to go work with a bunch of different people and get to know a ton of áreas and people in the misión, but I don’t get to work a whole ton in my own área, which can be really frustrating sometimes. but it’s all good. Next Saturday we are planning on having another baptism. Her name is Soledad and she’s like a 20 something year old girl that works for Armandina. She Heard a lot of what we were teaching to Hna Armandina and got really interested. she’s already read like halfway through the book of Mormon (which is like a miracle in Oaxaca) and she’s always at church like 15 minutes early(another miracle) ya but she’s awesome and she’s gonna be a great member. I could also see her as a missionary in a year from now too. that’d be cool. I also remembered that todays 5 de mayo. No one has said anything here about it, I think it’s more of an American holiday than anything. Carson’s definitely working today huh? It’s funny cause here in Mexico they have like 6 different Independence days, because they’ve been conquered and stuff so much. but anything that gives them a reason to drink. so this week we have another leadership conference(it seems like we just had one). but those are always good. love you guys have a good week!

Elder Sawyer

I’ll be skyping Sunday afternoon/night ish. I don’t know where I’ll do it from but I’ll probably try to test it out during the week so if you get a call on the ipad during the week answer it! (I can also call Saturday (May 10 is when Mexico celebrats dia de mama)  if that would work better too? let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment