Monday, May 26, 2014

May 26, 2014- Oaxaca, Mexico

"Andres and Maria de Lourdes. we reactivated them
and helped Andres get his mission papers in last week"


“the Catholic church in Huaypun, it’s known as the monster.
you can only see about half of it in the pic”

Well we just got our changes last night. The assistant told me that it looks like I’m finally being blessed for being in Morro and Amapolas so long. Tomorrow morning I’m headed off to Puerto Escondido!(google image it) so I’m gonna be spending my summer break on the beach jaja. I leave tomorrow morning at 9.  Usually everyone gets moved today but I gotta stay to help with the changes. I’m super excited to cause my companions Elder Gibby from Arkansas. I’ve known him pretty much my whole mission and I’m pumped to work with him cause he works hard and is really outgoing. What I’m not excited for is the travel. I don’t just go straight to Puerto, first I got to go to Salina Cruz then pass thru Hautulco and then get to Puerto. and remember the transportation I’m taking. It’s about 12 hours mas o menos. It is not gonna be fun... but it’ll be worth it! I’m also headed back out to the oven, I have no idea how hot it gets there, but I’m pretty sure that this time next week I’m gonna be really red. I’m gonna be back on the coast for typhoid season. -  don’t worry about sending me anything, it’s impossible to prevent. Any gringo on the coast or itsmo is gonna get something in the next couple months! Oh and I just thought of hurricane season on the coast too.
I’m still gonna be zone leader- still haven’t done anything dumb enough to get lowered.  I’m excited to be LZ in a small zone, it’ll be kinda like being DL but without having to give district meetings’
This will be Elder Gibby’s 3rd change in Puerto. It’s technically a special change. Pres. told me to make sure the members have a good perspective of the missionaries. whatever that means. the phrase I was thinking of- in a good light.  I’m excited, I thinks it’s gonna be a lot different than what I’m used to here. More Americanized and stuff.  I know out on the coast area all it is ramas and districts. I think Puerto’s like a rama of 120 or something. it’s a big time tourist town. it’s the smallest zone I think of like 12 missionaries. They send a lot of hermanas out there cause it’s a safer area(and also cause a lot of elderes have gotten into a lot of trouble out there). Puerto Escondido and Huatalco are the 2 well known cities here (google Hautulco, it’s known for its resorts) those are supposed to be like the 2 coolest places in the mission.
But ya I’ll let you guys know how it goes next week! I gotta get going talk to you guys next week.
Love you guys, enjoy break! (tell kyle to run)
Elder Sawyer


Family Villanueva
"saying goodbye to the Amador family(and Armandina)"

No comments:

Post a Comment