Tuesday, December 24, 2013

December 23, 2013- Juchitan de Zaragoza



Hey guys I’ll keep this a little shorter I think cause I’ll talk to you Wednesday. But ya this last week was really cool. First off we had the Christmas tri-zone conference and ate food and President Leyva gave a cool devotional and stuff. I’m sure Hma Leyva put a million pics on Facebook, but ya it’s always fun to get to see other missionaries. Also this week we had a dual stake Christmas devotional. A couple of funny things happened there. First I got asked give a talk for about ten minutes and talk about missionary work and Christmas and all that good stuff. 5 minutes before the Stake President grabs me and asks me if I could take up a little more time with my talk cause another speaker couldn’t make it or something. so of course I say sure and I ask him about how much time I have to talk and he tells me 20-25 minutes.... so ya it was a little interesting but my comp timed me at 21 minutes (and he sat there in his seat laughing at my whole talk) and the important part is I think everyone understood me haha. They also flipped my name and the pianist name on the paper and announced that I was playing the piano for the choir, so ya that almost put me on the ground. But they figured it out on the end :) Also we had our ward activity this week. The missionaries were in charge of the talk and games. I lost rock paper scissors with my comp and got to give the message. I talked about our Mexican food Christmas tradition and everyone laughed forever. I guess they think it’s funny that tamales are so special to us. Also this week I went and worked with 4 different missionaries in four different areas and slept in four different beds. So ya I haven’t done a whole ton of work in my area this week but we have 3 baptisms scheduled for next week, Rosio, Nancy and Marcos. They just gotta get to church haha. So no pictures this week, I can’t have anything of value on me right now, we live in the Septima of Juchitan so we have some special rules. so ya that’s a little of what happened this week   So it’s pretty much every man for himself to Skype or call home. The good thing is I’m in an area where people have computers. A family’s gonna lend me there laptop and computer and I’m gonna go to a family’s house that has Wi-Fi. I think tonight we are gonna go test it out and create an account. I will probably call you guys( probably between 10 an twelve my time(if it’s different)). So be ready. I’ll email you if I got problems Wednesday, so check your email and you can also email other directions or whatever.

Have a good Christmas you guys and talk to you Wednesday!

Elder Sawyer

 
 
practicing the Skype for Wednesday- only 30 seconds, but fun to see him!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment